1. Azizpour, A., S. Charkhkar and N. Sheikhi. 2011. The influence of Feed form and Cold exposure at median age on The Incidence of ascites syndrome and it's related parameters in male broiler chickens at low altitude. Journal of Comparative Pathobiology 1: 439–446. (In Farsi).
2. Bagheri, R., and F. KHajali. 2009. Effects of Dietary Avilamycin and Probiotics on Catch-up Growth Following Feeding Broiler Chickens a Low-Density Diet. Journal of Science and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources 48: 153–160. (In Farsi).
3. Boostani, A., A. Ashayerizadeh, H.R. Mahmoodian Fard and A. Kamalzadeh. 2010. Comparison of the effects of several feed restriction periods to control ascites on performance, carcass characteristics and hematological indices of broiler chickens. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science 12: 171–177.
4. Camacho, M.A., M.E. Suarez, J.G. Herrera, J.M. Cuca and C. M. Carcia-Bojalil. 2004. Effect of age of feed restriction and microelement supplementation to control ascites on production and carcass characteristics of broilers. Poultry Science 83: 526–532.
5. Dozier, W.A., R.J. Lien, J.B. Hess, S.F. Bilgili, R.W. Gordon, C.P. Laster and S.L. Vieira. 2002. Effects of early skip-a-day feed removal on broiler live performance and carcass yield. Journal of Applied Poultry Research 11: 297–303.
6. Gonzales, E., J. Buyse, M.M. Loddi, T.S. Takita, N. Buys and E. Decuypere.1998. Performance, incidence of metabolic disturbances and endocrine variables of food-restricted male broiler chickens. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science 39: 671–678.
7. Havenstein, G.B., P.R. Ferket and M.A. Qureshi. 2003. Carcass composition and yield of 1957 versus 2001 broilers when fed representative 1957 and 2001 broiler diets. Poultry Science 82: 1509-1518.
8. Khajali, F., and D. Qujeq. 2005. Relationship between growth and serum lactate dehydrogenase activity and the development of ascites in broilers subjected to skip-a-day feed restriction. International Journal of Poultry Science 4: 317- 319.
9. Lee, K.H., and S. Lesson. 2001. Performance of broilers fed limited quantities of feed or nutrients during seven to fourteen days of age. Poultry Science 80: 446–454.
10. Mahmood, S., F. Ahmad, A. Masood and R. Kausar. 2007. Effects of feed restriction during starter phase on subsequent growth performance, dressing percentage, relative organ weight and immune response of broilers. Pakistan Veterinary Journal 27:137-141.
11. Mench, J.A. 2002. Broiler breeders: Feed restriction and welfare. World's Poultry Science Journal 58: 20–29.
12. Moritz, J.S., A.S. Parsons, N.P. Buchanan, N.J. Baker, J. Jaczynski, O.J. Gekara and W.B. Bryan. 2005. Synthetic methionine and feed restriction effects on performance and meat quality of organically reared broiler chickens. Journal of Applied Poultry Research 14: 521–535.
13. O’Sullivan, N.P., E.A. Dunnington and P.B. Siegel. 1992. Correlated responses in lines of chickens divergently selected for fifty-six-day body weight. I. Growth, feed intake, and feed utilization. Poultry Science 71: 590–597.
14. Ozkan, S., I. Plavnik and S. Yahav. 2006. Effects of early feed restriction on performance and ascites development in broiler chickens subsequently raised at low ambient temperature. Journal of Applied Poultry Research 15: 9–19
15. Pinheiro, D.F., V.C. Cruz, J.R. Sartori and M.L. Vicetini Paulino. 2004. Effect of early feed restriction and enzyme supplementation on digestive enzyme activities in broilers. Poultry Science 83: 1544–1550.
16. Plavnik, I., J.P. McMurtry and R.W. Rosebrough. 1986. Effect of early feed restriction in broilers. growth performance and carcass composition. Growth 50: 68–76.
17. Radecki, S.Y., and M.T. Yokoyama.1991. Intestinal bacteria and their influence on swine nutrition. Butterworth- Heinemann 439-447.
18. Richards, M.P., S.M. Poch, C.N. Coon, R.W. Rosebrough, C.M. Ashwell and J.P. McMurtry. 2003. Feed restriction significantly alters lipogenic gene expression in broiler breeder chickens. Journal of Nutrition 33: 707-715.
19- Sahraei, M. 2014. Effects of feed restriction on metabolic disorders in broiler chickens: a review. Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry 30 (1): 1-13.
20. Saleh, E.A., S.E. Watkins, A.L. Waldroup and P.W. Waldroup. 2005. Effects of early quantitative feed restriction on live performance and carcass composition of male broiler grown for further processing. Journal of Applied Poultry Research 14: 87-93.
21. Santos, S. D. L. F., M. B. Farnell, G. Tellez, J. M. Balog, N. B. Anthony, A. TorresRodriguez, S. Higgins, B. M. Hargis and A. M. Donoghue. 2005. Effect of prebiotic on gut development and ascites incidence of broilers reared in a hypoxic environment. Poultry Science 84: 1092-1100.
22. Su, G., P. Sorensen and S.C. Kestin. 1999. Meal feeding is more effective than early feed restriction at reducing the prevalence of leg weakness in broiler chickens. Poultry Science 78: 949–955.
23. Susbilla, J.P., I. Tarvid, C.B. Gow and T.L. Frankel. 2003. Quantitative feed restriction or meal-feeding of broiler chicks after functional development of enzymes for protein digestion. Brazilian Journal of Poultry Science 44: 698-709.
24. Teimouri, A., M. Rezaei, J., Pourreza, H. Sayyahzadeh and P.W. Waldroup. 2005. Effect of diet dilution in the starter period on performance and carcass characteristics of broiler chicks. International Journal of Poultry Science 4: 1006–1011.
25. Tolkamp, B.J., V. Sandilands and I. Kyriazakis. 2005. Effect of qualitative feed restriction during rearing on the performance of broiler breeders during rearing and lay. Poultry Science 84: 1286–1293.
26. Urdaneta-Rincon, M., and S. Leeson. 2002. Quantitative and qualitative feed restriction on growth characteristics of male broiler chickens. Poultry Science 81: 679-688.
27. Valancony, H., F. Humbert, J., Rukelibuga, M. Bougon, L. Balaine and F. Lalande. 2001. Comparison of some substitutes for antibiotic additives in diets for turkey poults. Effects on production and on resistance to salmonella colonization. Science & Technology Avicoles 35: 25-34.
28. Zhan, X.A., M. Wang, H. Ren, R.Q. Zhao, J.X. Li and Z.L. Tan. 2007. Effect of early feed restriction on metabolic programming and compensatory growth in broiler chickens. Poultry Science 86: 654–660
29. Zulkifili, I., M.T. Che Norma, D.A., Isref and A.R. Omar. 2000. The effect of early age feed restriction on subsequent response to high environment temperatures in female broiler chickens. Poultry Science 79:1401-1407.