1. Alam M.G.M., A. Tanaka, G. Allinson, L.J.B. Laurenson, F. Stagnitti, and E.T. Snow. 2002. A comparison of trace element concentrations in cultured and wild carp (Cyprinus carpio) of Lake Kasumigaura, Japan. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 53: 348–354.
2 Arain, M.B., T.G. Kazi, M.K. Jamali, N.Jalbani, H.I. Afridi and A. Shah. 2008. Total dissolved and bioavailable elements in water and sediment samples and their accumulation in Oreochromis mossambicus of Polluted Manchar Lake. Chemosphere 70: 1845–1856.
3. Ben Salem, Z., N., Capelli Laffray, X. Elise, G. Ayadi, H. and L. Aleya . 2014. Seasonal variation of heavy metals in water, sediment and roach tissues in a landfill draining system Pond (Etueffont, France). Ecological Engineering 69: 25–37.
4. Berlin, M. 1985. Arsenic .pp. 376-405. Aitio, A., Andersson, I., Fowler, B.A., Friberg, L.T., Nordberg, G.F., Nordberg, M., Pärt, P. and Skerfving, S. Handbook of the Toxicology of Metals. 2nd ed. Elsevier science publishers. London, UK.
5. Cheng, Z., Y.B. Man, X.P. Nie and M.H. Wong. 2013. Trophic relationships and health risk assessments of trace metals in the aquaculture pond ecosystem of Pearl River Delta, China. Chemosphere 90: 2142–2148.
6. Ebrahimi, M. and M. Taherianfard. 2010. Concentration of four heavy metals (cadmium, lead, mercury, and arsenic) in organs of two cyprinid fish (Cyprinus carpio and Capoeta sp.) from the Kor River (Iran). Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 168: 575–585.
7. Fabris, G., N.J. Turoczy and F. Stagnitti. 2006. Trace metals concentration in edible tissue of snapper, flathead, lobster and abalone from coastal waters of Victoria, Australia. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 63(2): 286-292.
8. Fialkowski, W., E. Fialkowska, B.D. Smith and P.S. Rainbow. 2003. Biomonitoring survey of trace metal Pollution in streams of a catchment draining a zinc and leadmining area of upper Silesia, Poland using the amphipod Gammarus fossarum. International Review of Hydrobiology 88(3): 187-200.
9. Hulya, K. and E. Unlu. 2000. Concentrations of some heavy metals in water, sediment and fish species from the Ataturk Dam Lake (Euphrates), Turkey. Chemosphere 41: 1371–1376.
10. Leung, H.M., A.O.W. Leung, H.S. Wang, K.K. Ma, Y. Liang, K.C. Ho, K.C. Cheung, F. Tohidi and K.K.L. Yung. 2014. Assessment of heavy metals/metalloid (As, Pb, Cd, Ni, Zn, Cr, Cu, Mn) concentrations in edible fish species tissue in the Pearl River Delta (PRD), China. Marine Pollution bulletin 78 (1-2): 235-245.
11. Karadede, H., S.A. Oymak and E. Unlu. 2004. Heavy metals in mullet, Liza abu, and catfish, Silurus triostegus, from the Ataturk Dam Lake (Euphrates). Environmental International 30 (2): 183-188.
12. Kazi, T.G., N. Jalbani, J.A. Baig, G.A. Kandhro, H.I. Afridi, B.M. Arain, M.K. Jamali and A.Q. Shah. 2009. Assessment of toxic metals in raw and Processed milk samples using electrothermal atomic absorption spectrophotometer. Food and Chemical Toxicology 47: 2163–2169.
13. Khattabi, H., L. Aleya and J.M ania. 2006. Spatio-temporal evolution and characterization of Phytoplankton Populations in landfill leachate treatment basins. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution 174: 107–125.
14. Martin-Diaz, M.L., J. Blasco, M. Gonzalez de Canales, D. Sales and T.A. Delvalls. 2005. Bioaccumulation and toxicity of dissolved heavy metals from the Guadalquivir Estuary after the Aznalcollar mining spill using Ruditapes Philippinarum. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 48(2): 233–241.
15. Marijic, V.F. and B. Raspor. 2006. Age- and tissue-dependent metallothionein and cytosolic metal distribution in a native Mediterranean fish, Mullus barbatus, from the Eastern Adriatic Sea. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology 143: 382–387.
16. Mohammadi, M., A. Askary Sary and M. Khodadadi. 2011. Determination of heavy metals in two barbs, Barbus grypus and Barbus xanthopterus in Karoon and Dez Rivers, Khoozestan, Iran. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination 6 (3): 217 – 221.
17. Mukherjee, S., S. Mukherjee, P. Bhattacharyya and A.K. Duttagupta. 2004. Heavy metal levels and esterase variations between metal-exposed and unexposed duckweed Lemna minor: Field and laboratory studies. Environment International 30 (6): 811–814.
18. Pourang, N., J.H. Dennis and H. Ghourchian. 2005. Distribution of heavy metals in Penaeus semisulcatus from Persian Gulf and possible role of metallothionein in their redistribution during storage. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 100(1-3): 71-88.
19. Tabatabaie, T., M.R. Ghomi Amiri and R. Zamani-ahmadmahmoodi. 2011. Comparative study of mercury accumulation in two fish species, (Cyprinus carpio and Sander lucioperca) from Anzali and Gomishan Wetlands in the Southern Coast of the Caspian Sea. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 87 (3): 674-677.
20. Türkmen, M., A. Türkmen, Y. Tepe, Y. Tore and A. Ates. 2009. Determination of metals in fish species from Aegean and species from Aegean and Mediterranean seas. Food Chemistry 113(4): 233–237.
21.Vukosav, P., M. Mlakar, N. Cukrov Kwokal , I. Pizeta, N. Pavlus, I. Spoljaric, M. Vurnek, A. Brozincevic and D. Omanovic. 2014. Heavy metal contents in water, sediment and fish in a karst aquatic ecosystem of the Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia). Environmental Science and Pollution Research 21 (5): 3826-39.
22. Zhang, C., Q. Qiao, J.D.A. Piper and B. Huang. 2011. Assessment of heavy metal Pollution from a Fe-smelting Plant in urban river sediments using environmental magnetic and geochemical methods. Environmental Pollution 159: 3057-3070.