1. Ali , M., A. Nicieza and R. J. Wootton. 2003. Compensatorygrowth in fishes: a response to growth depression. Fish and Fisheries 4: 147-190.
2. Bromage, N. R. and R. G. Robert.1994. Broodstock management and egg and larval quality.Wiley Blackwell.
3. Burtis, C. A., E. R. Ashwood and D. E. Brund. 1994. Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry (5th ed.).W.B.Sunders Company. Philadelphia. USA.
4. Buyse, J., G.P. Janssens and E. Decuypere. 2001. .The effects of dietary L-carnitine supplementation on the performance, organ weights and circulating hormone and metabolite concentrations of broiler chickens reared under a normal or low temperature schedule. British Poultry Science 42:230-241.
5. Harpaz, S. 2005. L-carnitine and its attributed functions in fish culture and nutrition a review. Aquaculture 249:3-21.
6. Harpaz, S. 2005. L-carnitine and its attributed functions in fish culture and nutrition a review. Aquaculture 249:3-21.
7. Jalali Haji-abadi, S. M. A., N. Mahboobi Soofiani, A. A. M. C. Sadeghi and G. Riazi. 2010. Effects of supplemental dietary L-carnitine and ractopamine on the performance of juvenile rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Aquaculture Research 41: 1582-1591
8. Lawrence, R. A. and R. F. Burk. 1976. Glutathione peroxidase activity in selenium-deficient rat liver. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 71: 952-958.
9. Lien, T. F. and Y. M. Horng. 2001. The effect of supplementary dietary L-carnitine on the growth performance, serum components, carcass traits and enzyme activities in relation to fatty acid b-oxidation of broiler chickens. British Poultry Science 42:92-95.
10. Ma, J. J., Z. R. Xu, Q. J. Shao, J. Z. Xu, S. S. O. Hung andW. L. Hu. 2008. Effect of dietary supplemental L-carnitine on growth performance, body composition and antioxidant status in juvenile black sea bream, (Sparus macrocephalus). Aquaculture Nutrition 14:464-471.
11. Mohseni, M., R.O.A. Ozorio, M. Pourkazemi and S. C. Bai.2008. Effects of dietary Lcarnitine supplements on growth and body composition in beluga sturgeon (Huso huso) juveniles. Journal of Applied Ichthyology 24:646-649.
12. Mohseni, M. and R. O. A. Ozório. 2014. Effects of dietary L-carnitine level on growth performance, body composition and antioxidant status in beluga (Huso huso L. 1758). Aquaculture Nutrition 20:477-485.
13. Nogueira, N., N. Cordeiro, P. Canada, P. Cuz e Silva and R. O. A. Ozório. 2011. Separate and combined effects of cyclic fasting and L-carnitine supplementation in red porgy (Pagrus pagrus, L. 1758). Aquaculture Research 41:795-806.
14. Ozório, R. O. A., T. H. B. Van Eekeren, E. A. Huisman and J. A. J. Verreth. 2001. Effects of dietary carnitine and protein energy: nonprotein energy ratios on growth, ammonia excretion and respiratory quotient in African catfish, Clarias gariepinus (Burchell) juveniles. Aquaculture Research 32: 406-414.
15. Safari, O., M. Mehraban Sang Atash and M. Paolucci. 2015. Effects of dietary L-carnitine level on growth performance, immune responses and stress resistance of juvenile narrow clawed crayfish, Astacus leptodactylus leptodactylus Eschscholtz, 1823. Aquaculture 439:20-28.
16. Sang, W., S. Deng, J. Shentu, L. Wang and Q. Duan. 2012. Effects of Dietary L-carnitine and Betaine on Serum Biochemical Indices of Large Yellow Croaker (Pseudosciaena crocea) Cultured in Floating Net Cages. Advance Journal of Food Science and Technology 4: 304-308.
17. Tietz, N. W. 1995. Clinical guide to laboratory tests, 3rd ed. Saunders WB, Philadelphia USA
18. Trinder, P. 1969. Determination of glucose in blood using glucose oxidase with an alternative oxygen acceptor. Annuals of Clinical Biochemistry 6: 24-7.
19. Twibell, R. G.and P. B. Brown. 2000. Effects of dietary carnitine on growth rates and body composition of hybrid striped bass (Morone saxatilis male×M. chrysops female). Aquaculture 187:153-161:
20. Wootton, L. I. 1964. Micro-analysis in medical biochemistry in micrometer, 4th.ed. J &A Churchill, London.