1. Abdulkarimi, R., A. M. Aghazdeh and M. Daneshyar. 2011. Growth performance and some carcass charactristics in broiler chickens supplemented with Thymus extract (Thymus vulgaris) in drinking water. Report and Opinion 3 (11): 26-32.
2. Ali, M.S., M. Saleem, Z. Ali and V. U. Ahmad. 2000. Chemistry of Zataria multiflora (Lamiaceae). Phytochemistry 55 (8): 933–936.
3. Al-Kassi, G. A. M. 2009. Influence of two plant extracts derived from thyme and cinnamon on broiler performance. Pakistan Veterinary Journal 29 (4): 169-173.
4. Al-Mashhadani, E. H., F. K. Al-Jaff, Y. M. Farhan and H. E. AL-Mashhadani. 2011. Effect of Anison Thyme essential oils and their mixture (EOM) on broiler performance and some physiological traits. Egyptian Poultry Science Journal 31 (2): 481-489.
5. Ashtaral, N.L., A. Mohammadirad, N. Yasa, B. Minaie, S. H. Nikfar, G. H. Ghazanfari, M. J. Zamani, G. H. Dehghan, H. R. Jamshidi, B. V. Shetab, R. Khorasani and M. Abdollahi. 2007. Benefits of Zataria multiflora Boiss in experimental model of mouse inflammatory bowel disease. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine (eCAM) 4: 43–50.
6. Aygun, A., B. Dag and R. Acar. 2011. The Effects of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum L.) seeds on the performance and some carcass traits of quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica) chicks. Scientific Papers: Series D, Animal Science-The International Session of Scientific Communications of the Faculty of Animal Science 54: 115-120.
7. Bolokbaşi, S. C., M. K. Erhan and A. Özkan. 2006. Effect of dietary thyme oil and vitamin E on growth, lipid oxidation, meat fatty acid composition and serum lipoproteins of broilers. South African Journal of Animal Science 36 (3): 189-196.
8. Botsoglou, N.A., P. Florou-Paneri, E. Christaki, I. Giannenas and A. B. Spais. 2004. Performance of rabbits and oxidative stability of muscle tissues as affected by dietary supplementation with oregano essential oil. Archive of Animal Nutrition 58 (3): 209-218.
9. Canan Bolukbasi, S. and M. K. Erhan. 2007. Effect of dietary thyme (Thymus vulgaris) on laying hens performance and Escherichia coli (E. coli) concentration in feces. International Journal of Engineering Science 1: 55-58.
10. Ciftci, M., T. Guler, U. Gulcihani Simsek, O. Nihat Ertas, B. Dalkilic and Z. Bicer. 2009. The effect of Thymus vulgaris L. oil as growth promoter in broilers. Indian Veterinary Journal 86: 930-932.
11. Denli, M., F. Okan and A. N. Uluocak. 2004. Effect of dietary supplementation of herb essential oils on the growth performance, carcass and intestinal characteristics of quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica). South African Journal of Animal Science 34 (3): 174-179.
12. El-Desouky, A. I., H. E. M. Bahlol and A. M. A. Sharoba. 2006. Effect of some essential oils and preservativas on the growth of
E. coli O157: H7 and quality of refrigerated minced meat. Annals of Agricultural Science, Moshtohor 44: 1675-1695.
13. El-Ghalid, O. A. H. 2009. Exogenous Estradiol: Blood Profile, Productive and Reproductive Performance of Female Japanese Quails at Different Stages of Production. Asian Journal of Poultry Science 3 (1): 1–8.
14. El-Ghousein, S. S. and N. A. Al-Beitawi. 2009. The effect of feeding of crushed thyme (Thymus valgaris L.) on growth, blood constituents, gastrointestinal tract and carcass characteristics of broiler chickens. Journal of Poultry Science 46 (2): 100-104.
15. Ertas, O. N., T. Guler, M. Çiftçi, B. DalkIlIç and U. G. Simsek. 2005. The effect of an essential oil mix derived from oregano, clove and anise on broiler performance. International Journal of Poultry Science 4 (11): 879-884.
16. Gong, Y., R. B. Slee, N. Fukai, G. Rawadi, S. Roman-Roman, A. M. Reginato, H. Wang, T. Cundy, F H. Glorieux, D. Lev and et al. 2001. LDL receptor-related protein 5 (LRP5) affects bone accrual and eye development. Cell 107: 513-523.
17. Hamdieh, M., S. A. Hosseini, H. Lotfollahian, M. Mohiti-Asli and A. Gholami-Karkani. 2013. Effect of thyme (Zataria multiflora Boiss) essential oil on performance, carcass characteristics, and meat oxidative stability of broilers. Animal Production Research 2 (2): 43-53.
18. Hernandez, F., J. Madrid, V. Garcia, J. Orengo and M. D. Megias. 2004. Influence of two plant extracts on broilers performance, digestibility, and digestive organ size. Poultry Science 83 (2): 169-174.
19. Institute of Standards and Industrial Research of Iran. 1378. Microbiology of food and animal feeding stuffs- Horizontal method for the enumeration of microorganisms–Colony count technique at 30 c. No. 5272, Karaj, Iran
20. Jafari, S., M. Amanlou, K. Borhan-Mohabi and H. Farsam. 2003. Comparative study of Zataria multiflora and Anthemis nobelis extracts with Myrthus communis preparation in the treatment of recurrent aphthous stomatitis. DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 11: 1–5.
21. Khosravinia, H., M. A. Karimi-Torshizi, R. Alirezai, R. Shahsevari and S. Ghasemi. 2013. Effect of Satureja khuzistanica Essential Oils in the Drinking Water on ω- 6 and ω-3 Fatty Acids Ratio, Cholestrol Content and Lipid Stability of Breast Muscle in Broiler Chicken. Animal Production 44 (1): 71-81.
22. Kong, X. F., Y. L. Hu, Y. L. Yin, G. Y. Wu, R. Rui, D. Y. Wang and C. B. Yang. 2006. Chinese herbal ingredients are effective immune stimulators for chickens infected with the Newcastle disease virus. Poultry Science 85: 2169-2175.
23. Langhout, P. 2000. New additives for broiler chickens. World Poultry 16: 22-27.
24. Lee, J., P. Yang, A. E. Dessler, B. A. Baum and S. Platnick. 2006. The influence of thermodynamic phase on the retrieval of mixed-phase cloud microphysical and optical properties in the visible and near-infrared region. Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, IEEE 3 (3): 287-291.
25. Malik, M.S., M. J. Iqbal and S. Hamid. 2003. Essential oils resources of Pakistan studies on the essential oils of the species of Labiatae: Part-1. Pakistan Journal Science 55: 34-36.
26. Matsukura, H., K. Aisaki, K. Igarashi, Y. Matsushima, J. Kanno, M. Muramatsu, K. Sudo and N. Sato. 2011. Genistein promotes DNA demethylation of the steroidogenic factor 1 (SF-1) promoter in endometrial stromal cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 412: 366–372.
27. Moutsatsou, P. 2007. The spectrum of phytoestrogens in nature: our knowledge is expanding. Hormones 6: 173–193.
28. Jefferson, W. N., H. B. Patisaul, C. J. Williams. 2012. Reproductive consequences of developmental phytoestrogen exposure. Reproduction 143: 247–260.
29. Mitsch, P., K. Zitterl-Eglseer, B. Kohler, C. Gabler, R. Losa and I. Zimpernik. 2004. The effect of two different blends of essential oil components on the proliferation of Clostridium perfringens in the intestines of broiler chickens. Poultry Science 83 (4): 669-675.
30. Mohagheghzadeh, A., M. Shams-Ardakani, A. Ghannadi and M. Minaeian. 2004. Rosmarinic acid from Zataria multiflora tops and in vitro cultures. Fitoterapia 75: 315–321.
31. Mokhtari, M., M. Shams-Lahijani, M. Monsefi and M. Kamalinejad. 2004. The study of effects of aqueous extracts of Zataria multiflora (ZM) and Elaeagnus angostifolia (EA) on the volume of stomach of mouse fetus. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 3 (2): 58-64.
32. Naber, E. C. and M. D. Biggert. 1989. Patterns of lipogenesis in laying hens fed a high fat diet containing safflower oil. The Journal of nutrition 119 (5): 690-695.
33. National Research Council. (1994). Nutrient Requirements of Poultry: Ninth Revised Edition. ISBN: 0-309-59632-7, 176 pp.
34. Nieto, G., P. Diaz, S. Banon and M. D. Garrido. 2010. Effect on lamb meat quality of including thyme (Thymus zygis ssp. gracilis) leaves in ewe’s diet. Meat science 85 (1): 82-88.
35. Noori, N., N. Rokni, A. Akhondzade-Basti, A. Misaghi, A. Dabbagh Moghaddam, R. Yahyaraeyat and N. Ghanbari-Sagharloo. 2012. The antimicrobial effect of Zataria multiflora Boiss essential oil against E. coli O157: H7 in minced beef during refrigerated storage as a replacement for chemical preservatives in order to maintain the consumers health. Journal of Army University of Medical Sciences 10 (3): 192-197.
36. Ocak, N., G. Erener, Ak. F. Burak, M. Sungu, A. Altop and A. Ozmen. 2008. Performance of broilers fed diets supplemented with dry peppermint (Mentha piperita L.) or thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.) leaves as growth promoter source. Czech Journal of Animal Science 53 (4): 169-175.
37. Ososki, A. L. and E. J. Kennelly. 2003. Phytoestrogens: a review of the present state of research. Phytotherapy Research 17 (8): 845-869.
38. Rostami, J., M. Yosefi, S. Mahmodmoradi and K. Ebrahemi. 2012. The effect of herbal plant (thyme) on performance and certain blood biochemicals of Japanese quails. Annals of Biological Research 3 (6): 3073-3076.
39. Sakuma, Y. 2009. Gonadal steroid action and brain sex differentiation in the rat. Journal of Neuroendocrinology 21: 410–414.
40. Schiavone, A., F. Righi, A. Quarantelli, R. Bruni, P. Serventi and A. Fusari. 2007. Use of Silybum marianum fruit extract in broiler chicken nutrition: influence on performance and meat quality. Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 91 (5-6): 256-262.
41. Sengul, T., S. Yurtseven, M. Cetin, A. Kocyigit and B. Sögüt. 2008. Effect of thyme (T. vulgaris) extracts on fattening performance, some blood parameters, oxidative stress and DNA damage in Japanese quails. Journal of Animal and Feed Sciences 17: 608-620.
42. Shahnia, M. and R. Khaksar. 2013. Antimicrobial effects and determination of minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) methods of essential oils against pathogenic bacteria. Iranian Journal of Nutrition Sciences & Food Technology 7 (5): 949-957.
43. Takahashi, K., T. Mashiko and Y. Akiba. 2000. Effect of dietary concentration of xylitol on growth in male broiler chicks during immunological stress. Poultry science 79 (5): 743-747.
44. Thakur, S., B. Bawara, A. Dubey, D. Nandini, N. S. Chauhan and D. K. Saraf. 2009. Effect of Carum carvi and Curcuma longa on hormonal and reproductive parameter of female rats. International Journal of Phytomedicine 1: 31-38.
45. Toghyani, M., M. Tohidi, A. A. Gheisari and S. A. Tabeidian. 2010. Performance, immunity, serum biochemical and hematological parameters in broiler chicks fed dietary thyme as alternative for an antibiotic growth promoter. African Journal of Biotechnology 9 (40): 6819-6825.
46. Zhao, E. and Q. Mu. 2011. Phytoestrogen biological actions on Mammalian reproductive system and cancer growth. Scientia pharmaceutica 79 (1): 1-20.